Monday, December 30, 2013

Prospero ano y felizidad

Prospero año y felizidad

Alright, so I am still here at the CCM for.....ONE MORE WEEK!!! (if I can get my visa before next Monday) BAHH!!!! We got to skype with someone from Mexico last week, and let me tell you...my spanish. AH. Definitely much praying going on over here. 

Christmas was pretty much the bomb here. It was a little bit sad because you know that no matter how smiley everyone is here, they all miss their families. BUT we got to hear from someone pretty neat..ELDER BEDNAR!! It was a dream come true for us missionaries. He did a question and answer session with us and one of my favorite questions that someone asked was this: "Why do I feel so inadequate?" Yeah. That's an awesome question as a missionary (esp. if you're learning a language) because basically every day you feel like you have no idea what you are doing. His reply was: 'You feel so inadequate because you have had some realization of what you've been called to do."  Whoa. He then went on to talk about how we will  pretty much always feel inadequate, because the fact is--we are. we are only human. BUT, the beautiful thing about that is that once you realize you weaknesses, then you can recognize your dependency on Christ and His Atonement. In his strength, we can be made strong. "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

We celebrated Christmas as missionaries with lots of goodies and treats (big thanks to our family and friends) and we sang lots, and lots, and LOTS of Christmas hymns..lots. Gotta love 'em.

I hope your Christmas season has been great. It's one of the best times of the year for real. Tienen un prospero año y felizidad!

con mucho amor, 

Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment