Monday, April 21, 2014

Come Follow Me, the Savior said...

Semana Santa...Every week should be holy right?

Yeah, this week the people here celebrated the life and death of Christ and it really made me think a lot about a phrase that I have heard a lot from members of the LDS church. When asked why we don’t use the symbol of the cross the usual answer is "We like to celebrate more the fact that Christ lives." ok, that’s alright, But why is it important to know that Christ not only died, but that He lives now? I can’t speak for all members, but as I have been thinking about this topic all week, I have come to this conclusion:   The Savior said various times, "COME FOLLOW ME," I think this means in ALL things, and so if He overcame death, what is to stop us from following him after death? It is a promise that "as in Adam all men shall die, so in Christ all shall live" (1 Cor. 15:22, The Holy Bible). Death is not the end. It doesn’t make sense that we would come to the earth to love and grow and learn and then it all just ends with death. I know that Christ lives and because of this, if we will follow the will of God in this life, we too will one day live again with our loved ones.  "O how great the goodness of our God, who prepareth a way for our escape from the grasp of this awful monster; yea, that monster, death and hell, which I call the death of the body, and also the death of the spirit." (2 Nephi 9:10, Book of Mormon).

Les amo a todos! I love Mexico and the mission. I think I’m the luckiest girl alive. 
Con amor,

Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment