Monday, May 26, 2014

We are THE reason!

Sometimes being a missionary can be kind of hard because you feel like you are working your tail off, but you don't see that it is making a difference. 
Actually that could be applied to life in general right? But the point is that, when we hit times like that, if we will "just keep swimming" and try our hardest to make it through, Heavenly Father is more than happy to help us out. Because it is in times like that we are most likely to learn some of the most important lessons of life. I bring this up not because I’m having a hard time, but because I’ve been thinking a lot about these last six months in the mission, and the changes that I have seen in my own life and the lives of others. I have come to realize how much our Father in Heaven really loves us. Every single thing that happens in life is only to make us better, and to help us learn. He literally is our Father, Creator of the Universe. How incredible is it to think that we are children of such a Being? And being HIS children, just imagine the potential that gives us...
To quote President Dieter F. Uchtorf:
 "It fills me with wonder and awe to think that the worth of souls is great in the sight of God (Doctrine and Covenants 18:10). God himself said that we are the reason He created the universe. His work and glory,        the purpose of this magnificent universe, is to save and exalt mankind."            (see Moses 1:39 in The Pearl of Great Price)
I honestly don’t think I can say it better than this. God loves us.                                If we all understood this one principle, imagine what the world would be like. 
I love everything about being here: I love the town, the people, the ward, and my companion.  Que bendicion ("what a blessing" as my ‘daughter’/junior companion, Hermana Traylor, often says to me)                        
Con MUCHISISISIMO amor,                                                                                                                                               Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment