Monday, June 30, 2014

That was one good decision.

Soy un Hijo de Dios
I Am a Child of God

As a rule in our companionship, if we see someone more than once, we contact them. Since we first moved into our area we have seen this one man a billion times and for some reason we never got up the guts to contact him. 
Finally, a few weeks ago, we saw him again and finally did what we should have done a while ago and introduced ourselves. 

That was one good decision. 

His name is Hector and he is definitely familiar with the church. About 15 years ago him and his family listened to the missionaries to the point when they were about to be baptized. I don’t know what happened, but they decided not to,
and 15 years later our friend Hector has decided that God does not exist. 

Hector is one of the nicest, most friendly, genuine, person I have met here in Mexico, and it is not hard to love his big, teddy-bear ways. When we first met him, he told us up front that he was atheist and didn’t want to change, but that he would be willing to listen to us. I don’t know what will happen with him, but I do know that God puts the right people in our paths.
(even when we don’t pay attention to the obvious need to talk to them). 

Talking to Hector has really made me think about my relationship with God,
and why it is even important in the first place. I know, without a doubt that God exists and that he has a body of flesh and bones. I know that we are his children, and as such, have the incredible potential to become like him. 
He loves us and doesn’t just want us to come here to enjoy life a little bit, 
but to live life to its fullest:  to gain experience and overcome the trials thrown at us. To improve ourselves each day, take the bad parts and smooth them out, and developing the parts that make us glow. 

I am a child of God and he has sent me here- Has given me an earthly home, with parents kind and dear. (“I Am a Child of God” Children’s Songbook, page 2)

"The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; 
if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.
(Romans 8:16-17, The Holy Bible)

 Con amor, Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment