Monday, June 23, 2014

The Spirit "says it all"

This week was such a good one. I can’t believe how stinking amazing it is to be a missionary. 


Since we first got here we have been teaching this sweet 11 year old kid and his family, and yesterday our little buddy got baptized. It has been so amazing watching the light of the gospel relight the flame of faith in this family. 
After his baptism we asked him to share his feelings and so he went up there and just started to cry (he probably wouldn’t be too happy that I’m telling you this, but it was so sweet!). He stood there for about a minute and then his papa went up there to hug him. They waited about another 5 minutes to see if he would want to say something, but he just couldn’t do it in that moment. 
After waiting for awhile the bishop said "I think that is enough to say it all." 
Even a little 11 year old could feel how strong the spirit was and the importance of what he had just done. 

"...And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth."
(See 1 John 5:6)

My mom asked me to add things about Mexico that are different, but I think everything is just so normal to me now that I don’t notice the difference. Oh, maybe the excitement about the World Cup. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen a whole country (or at least city) so excited about watching a sport on la tele. Love it. 

Don’t worry-my American compañera is still alive. Maybe a little parasite ridden, but that never hurt anyone (too much) right? And maybe a little shaken up by all the yelling and whistling that happens in a day’s work. I tell her not to worry, someday she might look as mexicana as me. 
I love my Mexico so much, I just might never leave.

Con mucho amor, Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment