Tuesday, April 5, 2022

I Stand All Amazed



Jesus suffered unimaginable pain and suffering at the end of his mortal life. After already experiencing intense pain in the Garden of Gethsemane, He was scourged, hit with a whip equipped with iron balls and sharp bones tied into leather strips. Then, a crown of thorns was placed on his head and he was forced to walk to Calvary hill carrying a portion of the cross that likely weighed between 75 and 125 pounds. He was then nailed to the cross in the hands, wrist, and feet with a 5-7 inch iron nail. Then, he was raised up to suffer a horrible death that often caused a person to suffocate slowly over the course of a few days. At the peak of this physical suffering, the Savior then experienced spiritual death, the withdrawal of the Holy Ghost and His Fathers influence. After all this pain, Jesus willingly and intentionally left his mortal body. 


Without the juxtaposition of the crucifixion and death of the Savior, there would be no glory in the morning of the resurrection. As painful as death and suffering are in this life, I know that there can be hope and joy through the atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that because of Jesus’ voluntary role as my Savior, I can change, I can rejoice, I can have peace in this life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment