Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Week 4 ...5?

Semana 4...5?

Really..I can't say enough how crazy the time is here. I honestly don't know how long I've been here or how much longer I have until I go to Mexico.
So, this week we heard from Elder Quentin L. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, and it was awesome. He talked about (drumroll)...missionary work! Weird how everything seems to center around that..

At the very end he bore his testimony and this is what he said:

"One of the primary responsibilities as an apostle of the Lord is to be a witness of Jesus Christ. I can testify of Christ because I know the Savior's voice."

HOLY COW. To be there and to hear him say that with such conviction. He KNOWS! And we can know too if we will just listen!

Needless to say, it was a pretty amazing experience.

Now, question: Why is that important? Why does it matter that he knows or that we can know? 

The answers to those questions can be super personal, so I'm not claiming to know all, but I do know this: That Christ suffered for us all. Our sins. Our sadnesses. Our weaknesses. So that we would not have to suffer, if we would come unto him. He bled from every pore and hung on the cross for each of us, and all he asks in return is to come unto him. To spend a little less time thinking of ourselves and spend more time serving others. To give up that thing or two that caused him pain. So why is important that we know that Christ lived and died and lived again? Because of the fact that if we will take the time to know that, we can be relieved of so much of the pain and suffering that we go through in life. 

So, do what you will with that little slice of info. I love you all!

con amor, 

Hermana Jones


"O then despise not, and wonder not, but hearken unto the words of the Lord, and ask the Father in the name of Jesus for what things soever ye shall stand in need. Doubt not, but be believing..and come unto the Lord with all your heart.."

No comments:

Post a Comment