Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Be REFINED or be Squished?

"The refining in our lives comes when we are under duress." (Who said this?) That is super true. But if we don’t turn to our Savior, we won’t turn into diamonds, but rather we will just end up getting squished under the pressure. Because really, there is no way that WE (alone) can take all of the tough things of life, but when we have Him, he takes the rest of the pressure off enough that we have room to grow. The scripture Matthew 11:26-30 says "come unto me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest...my yoke is easy and my burden is light" It is so true. We HAVE to come unto him. I love this phrase because in spanish grammar it is what is called a "commandment," but according to the scripture it is an invitation-that we have to accept if we want His help.

I have one week left in my 12 weeks of training! I find out if I am being transferred this Sunday, so next Monday I will let you guys know. Can you believe I have been in MX almost 3 months! The time is flying by!  The furthest area in our mission is called Tlapa (6 hours from the city of Puebla) and I don’t think they send sisters there, but quien sabe, there is a first for everything right?

Con Amor,

Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment