Monday, April 14, 2014

Like Santa on Christmas morning


Aqui estoy!! No se preocupen, Im still here.

These past two weeks have been pretty amazing. I just want to say that being a missionary is one of the coolest experiences a person could ever have. We get to know and love SO MANY different people.  We get to spend every day sharing one of the things that is most important to us. We get to watch this amazing message of peace and hope change people’s lives. We get to experience miracles every day. It is incredible really. I’m pretty sure this is how Santa Claus feels on Christmas Morning.  

When I say we get to see miracles daily, it’s the truth. One of the most beautiful things that I have been able to be a part of is the moment when somebody offers their very first prayer to their Heavenly Father. It is a moment when that person puts all of their trust in us (the missionaries) and God. Sometimes, they are not even sure that God exists, and so when we are all kneeling there, waiting for them to pour out their souls to someone that they don’t think is real, I imagine that it is a little bit intimidating and awkward for them. And at times we end up kneeling there for as much as five minutes in silence, and yeah, it gets a little bit uncomfortable for us too. But really, when they begin to speak, the feeling of the peace and love (or in other words, the Spirit of God) just fills the room to a point I swear it’s tangible. I can’t sufficiently explain how beautiful it is to experience. Because, on my part as missionary, I KNOW, without a doubt, that God is listening to every single prayer that is offered. I KNOW that He is there, waiting for us to speak to Him. I KNOW that He loves us all so incredibly much. 

"Yea, he that repenteth and exerciseth faith, and bringeth forth good works, and prayeth continually without ceasing--unto such it is given to know the mysteries of God..." (Alma 26:22, Book of Mormon)

Whether you are asking for help to pass your chemistry test, or praying for relief from a tragic burden, I know that God is listening and that He will answer every single prayer. Many times, we don’t receive the answer in the timing or way that we wanted or expected, but I promise that if we pray with faith, do all that we can do on our end, wait patiently, and then pay close attention, we will see the hand of God in our lives.

I love the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the hope that it brings in a world filled with sadness. I love this time I have as a missionary to share this incredible news that there is a chance to find peace. 
Con Amor, Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment