Monday, July 7, 2014

All sewn together

All sewn together

Whew! Well it sounds like everyone had a pretty good time last week, what with 4th of July and such. I’m glad to hear that life still continues to be good at home in good ol’ USA. To celebrate here (because we are two Americans in the middle of Mexico),
 Hermana Traylor and I cooked some hot dogs and wore red, white, and blue. It was wild. 



Let me just say that I am 100% sure that God puts just the right people in our paths that we need to know in our lives, and I’m not talking about just the mission either-although I have noticed it here more than ever before. 
Have you ever compared life to a quilt? 
Well, that’s kind of how I like to imagine it... 
but instead of each one of our lives being a different quilt made up of various pieces, really WE are the pieces and we're all sewn together
We can’t really be separated--- whether we like it or not. We all have an effect on each other. This illustrates the "I am a child of God" principle. We are all children of God, brothers and sisters, so of course it would make sense that the threads of our lives are bound to cross. It is amazing to me how much of an impact we can have on each other in this life, be it good or bad. 
I know that if we humble ourselves and let God lead us in each aspect of our lives, we will end up meeting exactly the right people, in exactly the right times. 
We just have to make sure that we appreciate the chance to interact with another of God's children, and treat them as the royalty that they are. 

I love being here in Mexico. I know it is where I am supposed to be and that God is leading each step that I take here on foreign ground (see, no need to worry mom).
Con MUCHISMO amor, Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment