Monday, July 28, 2014

Walk like an ANT



Ever since we got to Atlixco, I have noticed that there are billions of ants here. 
So many, that as they are working their little legs off, walking back and forth in the grass and weeds, that they create cute little trails from one plant to their little hill. Sometimes you don’t really notice them until you are about to step on them, 
then you see that the ground seems to be moving in a line. These little guys amaze me. They are so tiny, but somehow they have the strength to carry 
big ol' chunks of greenery.  As I have watched them, it has made me think about how we should be a little bit more like them. When we work our hardest, 
we are given strength beyond our own to do what is needed of us. 

"Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; 
therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, 
FOR IN HIS STRENGTH I CAN DO ALL THINGS; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever."  (Alma 26:12, The Book of Mormon)

I have seen so many incredible instances of this principle all throughout my mission. From simple "I’m so tired that I don’t think I can take another step" 
to "How can I possibly answer a question like that when I have similar doubts?" 
I have felt the hand of the Lord--- 
reaching down to pick me up, helping me move forward. 
I would not say that the mission, or life in general, is a piece of cake, 
but through it all, I think that the experiences we gain here serve to make us a little bit more like those hard-working ants. I know that if we keep pushing and ask Him for that extra burst of strength, we will not only make it to back to the ant hill, 
but that we will return home stronger and more capable children of God.  

Love you all. Love Mexico (still). Love God (the most).
Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment