Monday, August 4, 2014

What kind of people are we?

My time in the mission is seriously flying by so stinking fast. I can hardly believe it. So I will be leaving my area and my sweet little companion. 
Out of the 40+ missionaries in our zone, only five of us have changes. Whatever happens I know that HF has a plan, and that he will send me wherever he needs me. I have been so blessed to be here 
and to know all of the wonderful people here.  
Last week, when my companion and I were in a restaurant eating tortas 
(like sandwiches). We were sitting there eating, and a little boy came up to us to sell us some gum (which was like less than one cent) so we bought some and then he asked the other people in the restaurant. And then came back up to us and asked he could have my companion's sandwich, so we cut it in half and gave it to him and he just said “gracias” and left. It was so crazy because this tiny little boy just up and asked us for the food we were eating, 
but I knew that if we hadn’t given him anything it would have been awful. 
How could we just sit there--- full and content--- while he really is hungry. Some people might say "but they do that all the time, and their parents just send them off like that cause they know people will take care of them." 
A. if he has crappy parents, it is not his fault. B, we have absolutely no way of knowing if those people are lying or telling the truth… so if we end up NOT giving him any AND he was telling the truth, what kind of people are we? 

Mathew 25:34-46 
" 34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
 35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, 
ye have done it unto me.

When I read this, I thought of that experience with that little boy. 
That is exactly what this scripture means. 
What is more "least of these my brethren"  than a child?
                                                  

Until next Monday, be good, work hard, and mostly love and be loved. I told Hermana Traylor that if there was anything I hoped she learned from her training, it would be to love a lot (everybody) and work your hardest
I think that is basically how real life is too. 
Con Amor, Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment