Monday, September 15, 2014

Scritch-scratch

Today is Mexico´s Independance day, so our mission president told us to be 
really careful and to go inside before dark. Especially if you are in Cacalotepec...
Ok, he didn’t say that last part, but it is pretty legit cause this little town 
LOVES to party, so I’m sure it is going to get a bit crazy pretty soon here. 
(Just so everyone knows, they do NOT celebrate Cinco de Mayo as much as we think they do in the states. 15 de Septiembre is a lot bigger deal.)


 When we first got here, the mosquito’s were eating me up so I bought some repelente (repellent) a few weeks ago I started putting it on everyday. It surprised me when that didn’t really solve the problem, but I just thought it must have been wearing off by the time the mosquitoes came out. What surprised me even more was that I seemed to be waking up with more and more mosquito bites, even though there is low possibility that they can enter in our room. 
So I started asking around about bed bugs and such and...long story short, 
I have been accompanied every night by a nice group of...fleas! Remember that time I talked a little bit about how the Spanish word for "compassion" means "to suffer with another"? Well, these last few weeks I have gained a better sense of compassion for man´s best friend. It’s the worst. People, please save your puppies (and yourself) from a lot of suffering- put that "de-flea" stuff on your pets. 

Despite the flea problem, we have been great here in Cacalotepec. Hermana Rico and I now have one transfer here and we are heading into our second together. 
I know Heavenly Father knows what He is doingso we are 
praying that He will help us know how to make some changes here, 
and help the people understand the importance of what we have to say. 

ISAIAH 26:4, 
"Trust ye in the Lord for ever:
for the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:"

Well, all is well in Mexico. 
I still love everything about being here.  

Con amor, Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment