Monday, December 8, 2014

Masterpieces

Let me clarify what I said last week, when I said"This year has changed me forever."

First off, maybe I should have used the word "converted" rather than "changed" to define exactly what has happened to me in this year. I have become a more converted person. In the Bible Dictionary it says that the word "conversion": 

"Denotes changing one’s views, in a conscious acceptance of the will of God 
(Acts 3:19). If followed by continued faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, repentance, baptism in water for the remission of sins, and the reception of the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands, conversion will become complete 
and will change a natural man into a sanctified, born again,  purified person—
a new creature in Christ Jesus (see 2 Cor. 5:17). Complete conversion comes after many trials and much testing (see Luke 22:32; D&C 112:12–13)." 


Now, that doesn't mean that I have become an exact "saint," but rather that the experiences I have had, both good and bad, have caused me to see the world in a different way. Like it says in the definition, I have "changed my views" 
and tried my hardest to accept what He wants. For the majority of us, that is not something that will always be easy, or even pleasing in the moment, but I know because I have experimented it, that it will ALWAYS give us the best results. 
Many times we think that we know best, or maybe that even if we don't know best, we don't care what the results are, we just want to do it by ourselves. 
We are down here in the world trying to solve the big puzzle 
when in reality we are missing a lot of the pieces. 
I have learned here in the mission that He has all of the pieces 
and knows exactly how the picture is supposed to turn out and that IF we just let Him guide us a little bit, He will turn our lives into beautiful masterpieces 
- in place of half scribbled sketchings. 

So there is a lot more in my life to be learned. A lot more mistakes to be made 
and changes to be accepted, but one thing that certainly has "changed me forever" 
is just that: I have learned to keep changing. To trade my will for His. 

I love the Gospel, the mission, my family, and Mexico. 
(And I send a little bit of love out to all the rest of you too).

Thank you for your support. Have a great week!
Con amor, Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment