Monday, December 29, 2014

Notice the Miracles

Christmas dinner
snow on the volcano north of Puebla


I just want to say that I can't believe how incredible the mission is. 
I literally see miracles everyday.

Like a few weeks ago, my companion and I were looking for a member's house, and we mis-read the directions, so we went to the wrong house and knocked on the door. A woman opened the door and we asked for the person that we were looking for, 
she called her daughter and son-in-law to ask, but they said that nobody by that name lived there. We thanked them and explained who we are and what we do and invited them to listen to our message. They said no (surprise) so we left a pass along card and told them to call when they would like us to visit. Weeks passed and they didn't call, but just today as we left our apartment to go buy groceries someone called out to us in the parking lot. As we turned to see who it was we noticed that it was the daughter and her husband IN OUR APARTMENT PARKING LOT. As in, we think they have probably lived there the whole time... WOW. The daughter told us that her sister is sick and they want us to go visit her. If that is not a miracle, I don't know what is. 

Who would have thought that a misread direction 
could lead to somebody in need finding us? 
I am so grateful to be a missionary. 
I have learned that absolutely nothing is coincidence in life. 
He knows exactly what is going on and what He wants for each of us. 
"But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning; wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And thus it is. Amen."  (1 Nephi 9:6 The Book of Mormon)

Have a week full of miracles 
(and take the time to notice that they are miracles.)

This week was so great cause I got to see my family (via Skype).
I still don't want to come home though (sorry mom...haha).
Love you all. Love Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment