Monday, August 25, 2014

My ONE desire

Starting week four of this transfer… I started my way downhill this last week        (9 months come and gone). It is just crazy how fast the time flies by. Life here on earth is so stinking short. It’s a good thing that birth is not the beginning---       and death is not the end. For those of you that don’t know what I mean, ask your local missionary about something called "The Plan of Salvation." 
Long before the earth existed, we know that we lived with Heavenly Father in a life called "The Pre-existence" as spirit sons and daughters. We wanted to be like Him (have a glorified body of flesh and bones and possess an eternal family),     so He created a plan in which we could come to earth to gain a body, be able to make choices and learn from them. He presented the plan to us and we accepted all that would happen as part of the plan. In fact, it has been said that we “shouted for joy” when we heard we would have the chance to come here.      I was thinking about this the other night and a really cool thought came to me--- one that I wish I would have had a lot sooner in my life:

One of the most essential parts of the plan is that whole "gain a body" thing. Without that opportunity, we would not be able to have any of the amazing experiences that we have here on earth as humans. No hugs, no food, no exercise (ok how many people really think that is an amazing experience…),      no families of our own, etc. I don’t think you could type on one computer all of the things we could experience in one day, let alone a lifetime. So if our bodies are so important, why is it so common to hear a young girl depreciate, or negate the beauty she carries with her, when she is one of the most incredible creations of God? Why do we think nothing of it that the local gas station has a million options of cigarettes and packaged chemicals full of body damaging substances?       Why doesn’t it seem horrifying when we hear talk of  "one-night stands" or casual relationships?  We are children of God, the Creator of All! It is no coincidence that we happen to be creations that walk and talk and make conscious decisions. Each and every one of us was sent here with a specific plan and purpose in mind. He loves and knows us like nobody else does. He cries when we cry,           smiles when we smile, knows how we are feeling and why.  It blows my mind to think about the divine nature each one of us has as His Child. 
             We are Children of God!! How incredible!!                                                        I am a child of God, and He has sent me here. 
So maybe the knowledge came a little later on in my life, but everything happens for a reason, right? I had some lessons to learn, and now that i have began understanding a little bit more, my one desire would be that I can help others to take a teeny bit of that understanding and apply it to their own lives. 
I know it is true.                                                                                                             I know where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going.        The Plan is real! 
Con mucho amor, Hermana Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment